What’s open and closed January 3 in St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake
Published December 30, 2021 at 7:14 pm
So why are we creating a January 3 list of what’s open and what’s closed? Well, since New Years Day fell on a Saturday, some places close on the Monday either in lieu of being open January 1 or simply because they would have been closed on a Saturday (government, etc) anyway. So they get the extra day.
As the threat of the Omicron variant continues to increase, restrictions and capacity limits are back, meaning it’s best to call ahead for anywhere you want to go. Several restaurants in Niagara Region are back to take-out only with a small handful closed on January 3. If hours aren’t listed, it’s regular Monday hours.
Also take heed. Many listed here as open also said “hours may differ” due to the holiday but they don’t clarify what the potential hours might be. Again, call ahead – better safe than sorry.
- All City and Town Halls
- Federal and provincial government offices
- Counterpart Brewing, 3659 Stanley Ave, Niagara Falls
- Niagara College Teaching Brewery, 135 Taylor Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Dragan Brewing, 100 Grantham Ave S Unit 1, St. Catharines (closed January 3 and 4)
- Canada Post (no mail pick up or delivery)
- Community Recycling Centres
- GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
- Transit services in St Catharines, Welland and Niagara Falls will operate on holiday hours