What’s open and closed on Civic holiday in Brampton
Published July 28, 2021 at 2:19 pm
This year, the Civic Holiday falls on Monday, August 2, 2021, in Brampton.
This long weekend, some businesses might have different rules due to the COVID-19 pandemic and strict capacity limits could be in effect at a number of public indoor spaces.
As of now, private indoor gatherings of up to 25 people are permitted in Brampton. Outdoor gatherings and organized public events of up to 100 people are also allowed, but some events (such as sporting events) are permitted to allow more people.
Here’s what’s open and closed:
- Brampton Shopper’s World is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Bramalea City Centre is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Most grocery stores (including Rabba grocery stores) are open, but call ahead to be sure
- Most bars and restaurants that are typically open on Mondays are open, but call ahead to be sure and remember that local establishments may not yet be prepared to offer indoor dining due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Select Beer Store locations will be open from 11 am to 6 pm, including:
- 198 Queen St. E.;
- 180 Sandalwood Pkwy;
- 80 Peel Centre Dr.;
- 932 North Park Dr.;
- 55 Charolais Blvd.
Most LCBO locations, but call ahead to confirm or check their website
Most Shoppers Drug Marts
For urgent homelessness supports, including food, supplies, referrals, and shelter, call the Street Helpline 24/7 at 1-877-848-8481. For information on emergency shelter, visit the emergency shelter web page or call 905-450-1996.
Vaccination clinics that are currently open will remain open on the holiday
Other major malls that are open:
- Square One Shopping Centre (11 am to 7 pm)
- Erin Mills Town Centre (11 am to 7 pm)
- Dixie Value Mall (11 am to 6 pm)
- Toronto Premium Outlets (11 am to 7 pm)
- Vaughan Mills (11 am to 7 pm)
- Sherway Gardens (11 am to 7 pm)
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre (11 am to 7 pm)
- Eaton Centre (11 am to 7 pm)
- Pacific Mall (11 am to 8 pm)
- Government offices
- City Hall
- Region of Peel non-emergency services, including Access Peel Counters, Dental Services Contact Centre, Early Years and Child Care Services, Family Health Call Centre, Healthy Sexuality Clinic, Needle Exchange Program – Mobile Van, Ontario Works in Peel and the Peel Living Office
- Community Centres (some are open. Call ahead to book a spot)
- Canada Post (no mail pick up or delivery)
- Community Recycling Centres
- Garbage and recycling will be collected one day later
- Zum will operate on a holiday schedule.
- GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
- TransHelp: All trips for Monday, August 2 and Tuesday, August 3 must be booked by 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 1. On August 2, TransHelp will operate from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.; and the TransHelp office will be closed, with regular hours resuming on Tuesday, August 3.