What’s open and closed on Canada Day in Hamilton
Published June 28, 2021 at 4:08 pm
Canada Day this year in Hamilton falls on Thursday, July 1, 2021.
Some places in Hamilton that are typically open will be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and there will be no major public events due to physical distancing restrictions and bans on large gatherings.
Ontario entered Step Two of the Province’s reopening framework on June 30.
Here are some of the new guidelines for what will be allowed in Step 2:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 25 people
- Indoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to five people
- Outdoor dining for up to six people per table
What’s open and closed Canada Day, July 1:
- Local Parks are open
- Most Hamilton spray pads are open (wading pools open July 5, with the exception of Dundas Driving which opened earlier this week and is open on the holiday)
- Hamilton Beaches
- Hamilton Conservation Authority areas and trails are open for day use (though subject to closure due to capacity. Check website or social media for updates)
- Some grocery stores and pharmacies
- Some Beer Stores (check website for hours and locations)
- Some restaurant patios, call ahead to be sure or check social media
- Note: Physical distancing requirements will be in place everywhere. Residents are asked to wear masks when physical distancing proves difficult.
- CF Lime Ridge
- Eastgate Square
- Municipal golf courses
- Community Centres
- LCBO locations
- Government offices
- There will be no mail delivery
- Garbage and recycling (blue box, green bin and yard waste) will be collected one day later
- HSR will operate on a Sunday or holiday schedule. For updates on HSR scheduling and service, visit check the City’s website.