What’s Open and Closed Labour Day Monday in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
Published August 30, 2021 at 1:37 pm
This year, Labour Day falls on Monday, Sept. 6, 2021.
Originally, the day gave workers the chance to campaign for better working conditions and pay, but now it’s part of a long weekend where many people choose to relax.
While some places that are typically open will be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are still ways you can enjoy the holiday this year in Halton.
So, without further ado, here’s what’s open and closed this Labour Day in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills.
- Most restaurants that operate on holidays will be open but call ahead to be sure
- Rabba grocery stores
- Most Shoppers Drug Marts
- Toronto Premium Outlets (9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- Some Beer Store locations
- Other major malls that are open:
- Square One (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Bramalea City Centre (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Vaughan Mills (10 a.m. to 6 pm..)
- Eaton Centre (11 a.m. to 7 pm.)
- Pacific Mall
- Burlington Centre
- Oakville Place
- Activities and customer service hours at pools, arenas, and community centres will vary in Burlington, Milton, and Oakville
- LCBO locations
- Most Beer Store locations
- Government offices
- Garbage and recycling (blue box, green bin and yard waste) will be collected one day later
- Burlington and Oakville will operate on a Sunday or holiday schedule
- Milton will not operate