What’s open and closed Labour Day in Niagara Region and St Catharines
Published September 5, 2021 at 10:16 pm
This year, Labour Day falls on Monday, Sept. 6 in St Catharines and the rest of the Niagara Region.
This long weekend, some businesses might have different rules due to the COVID-19 pandemic and strict capacity limits could be in effect at a number of public indoor spaces.
As of now, private indoor gatherings of up to 25 people are permitted in the Niagara Region and the rest of Ontario. Outdoor gatherings and organized public events of up to 100 people are also allowed, but some events (such as sporting events) are permitted to allow more people.
Here’s what’s open and closed:
- Canada One in Niagara Falls will be open 10 am to 7 pm
- SmartCentres in Niagara Falls, Welland and St Catharines will be open 24 hours
- Outlet Collection at Niagara in Niagara-on-the-Lake is open from 11 am to 7 pm
- The Pen Centre in St Catharines will be open 10 am to 5 pm
- Fairview Mall in St Catharines will be open 10 am to 5 pm
- Briarfield Shopping Centre in St Catharines will be open 9 am to 9 pm
- Pendale Plaza in St Catharines will be open 10 am to 10 pm
- The Funnel Cake King and Monday Farmers Market will also be OPEN in our front parking lot at Seaway Mall.
- Some 55 Niagara-region wineries/vineyards are open. Phone your favourite for times.
Eleven craft breweries are open. They are:
- Bench Brewing, 3991 King St, Beamsville 905-562-3991
- Lock Street Brewing, 15 Lock St, St. Catharines 905-935-2124
- Silversmith Brewing, 1523 Niagara Stone Rd, Virgil 905-468-8447
- Niagara Oast House Brewing, 2017 Niagara Stone Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake 905-868-9627
- The Exchange Brewery, 7 Queen St, Niagara-on-the-Lake, 905-468-9888
- Niagara College Teaching Brewery, 135 Taylor Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake, 905-641-2252
- Counterpart Brewing, 3659 Stanley Ave, Niagara Falls 905-354-2739
- Niagara Brewing, 4915-A Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls, 905-374-5247
- Blackburn Brew House, 8001 Blackburn Pkwy, Niagara Falls 905-358-0801
- Cold Break Brewing, 193 St Paul St W, St. Catharines 647-581-4009
- Gretzky Estate Beer/Wine, 1219 Niagara Stone Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake 1-888-510-5537
- Some grocery stores (including Rabba grocery stores) are open, but call ahead to be sure
- Most bars and restaurants that are typically open on Mondays are open, but call ahead to be sure and remember that local establishments may not yet be prepared to offer indoor dining due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Most Shoppers Drug Marts
- Movie theatres
- Popular Niagara Falls tourist attractions, such as Bird Kingdom, the Butterfly Conservatory, the Great Canadian Midway, the Niagara Falls Fun Zone at Clifton Hill, the brand new Niagara Parks Power Station and Ripley’s Believe It or Not will all be open with masks needed and proper social distancing.
- Government offices
- All City and Town Halls
- Seaway Mall
- Community Centres
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations
- Canada Post (no mail pick up or delivery)
- Community Recycling Centres
- Garbage and recycling will be collected one day later
- GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
- Transit services in St Catharines, Welland and Niagara Falls will operate on holiday hours