What’s open and closed family day in Mississauga
Published January 22, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Family Day falls on Monday, February 15, 2021, in Mississauga. Family Day is not a national statutory holiday, but it is observed in Ontario as one.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some things that are typically open might be closed and there will be no major public events due to physical distancing restrictions.
Because Mississauga is currently in lockdown and a Stay-at-Home order is still in effect, social gatherings are prohibited and residents are asked to celebrate the long weekend with members of their own household exclusively. People who live alone and single-parent families are permitted to join one other household.
- Square One has closed all non-essential retail due to COVID, but the shopping centre will be open from 7 am to 11 pm for essentials
- Walmart Supercentre will be open at Square One from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
- The Food District at Square One will be open for takeout and delivery only
- The Rec Room at Square One is open for food delivery only
- Whole Foods Square One will be open from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Some smaller grocery stores, such as Rabba grocery stores
- Most Shoppers Drug Mart locations
- Most restaurants that are usually open on Mondays will be open for takeout and delivery only, but call ahead to be sure
- Canada Post (mail pick-up and delivery will not be affected by the holiday)
- Federal Government offices (most services can be delivered online, offices are open by-appointment-only)
- Celebration Square Ice Rink
- Other major malls that have closed all non-essential retail due to COVID-19:
- Toronto Premium Outlets (10 am – 9 pm)
- Bramalea City Centre (11 am – 6 pm)
- Eaton Centre (11 am – 7 pm)
- Pacific Mall (11 am – 8 pm)
- Erin Mills Town Centre (and other major malls, including Sherway Gardens, Vaughan Mills and Yorkdale Shopping Centre)
- Heartland Town Centre
- Dixie Outlet Mall
- Most major grocery stores
- Beer Store
- Libraries (which are currently restricted due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- City Hall
- Provincial government offices
- Region of Peel non-emergency services, including Access Peel, Early Years and Child Care Services, Healthy Sexuality Clinic (Fairview – Mississauga), Family Health Call Centre, Dental Services Contact Centre, Needle Exchange Program – Mobile Van, Peel Living Office and Ontario Works in Peel
- MiWay will operate on a holiday schedule. Service will not operate on the following routes: 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line, 46 Tenth Line-Osprey, 48 Erin Mills, and 68 Terry Fox.
- GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
- Region of Peel TransHelp – all trips for Monday, Feb. 15 and Tuesday, Feb. 16 must be booked by 6 pm on Sunday, Feb. 14.
- No garbage pick up (all waste collection will be one day later than usual)
- Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) will be closed Monday