What’s open and closed Easter weekend in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
Published April 1, 2021 at 2:20 pm
It’s Easter weekend in Oakville, Burlington and Milton.
This year, Easter Weekend in 2021 is Good Friday (April 2), Easter Sunday (April 3) and Easter Monday (April 4) in the Halton-area. Almost everything that is closed Friday is closed Sunday.
While Halton is currently in the red zone of the province’s colour-coded framework, some things that are typically open in the region over Easter weekend will be closed this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Without further ado, here’s what will be open and closed this year on Easter weekend in Halton Region.
- Mapleview Centre
- Burlington Centre
- Oakville Place
- Beer Store
- Oakville community centres/arenas/pools
- Oakville Museum
- All Milton town facilities will be closed
- City Hall/Town Hall
- Halton Court Services
Other major malls closed:
- Bramalea City Centre
- Square One
- Sherway Gardens
- Vaughan Mills
- Some restaurants might be open for dining in, takeout and delivery, but call ahead to be sure
- Some smaller grocery stores, such as Rabba grocery stores
- Most Shoppers Drug Marts
- Oakville Transit will run on a holiday schedule on Friday (regular weekday service resumes Monday)
- Burlington Transit will run on a holiday schedule and the downtown Transit Terminal and Specialized (Handi-Van) Dispatch will be closed on Friday. Regular service will resume on Saturday. For real-time schedule information, visit www.burlingtontransit.ca.
- Milton Transit will not operate on Friday
- GO Transit will run on a Sunday schedule on Friday
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies