What You Need to Know About Mississauga’s Only DriveTest Centre
We told you it was coming and now it’s here.
Mississauga’s new DriveTest Centre - the only one in a city of over 700,000 people, if you can believe it - is expected to serve an estimated 300,000 customers and help reduce wait-times at seven nearby centres.
And after several long months of waiting, it is finally here.
The centre officially opens its doors on Monday, Sept. 17.
The new DriveTest centre is located at 255 Longside Dr., near Hurontario St. and Derry Rd.
The centre “will improve frontline service and reduce wait times not only for residents in Mississauga but also across Peel and the western GTA,” said former Mississauga East-Cooksville MPP Dipika Damerla, when the test centre was announced earlier this year.
“People will have better access to the driver licence services they need, faster.”
The new DriveTest Centre will be open Monday to Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and it will deliver all driver examination services.
The Ontario government says the new office is the most modern DriveTest facility in the province, with a total of 27 wickets.
With the opening of this new location, Ontario will have 56 full-time and 39 part time DriveTest Centres in Ontario.
The province also recently extended the hours of operation at nearby DriveTest Centres including Brampton, Oakville, Etobicoke, Downsview, and Orangeville.
In addition, a new DriveTest Centre in Markham is planned for spring 2019 to serve an anticipated 100,000 customers and reduce wait-times at eight other nearby centres throughout the eastern GTA.
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Energy firm Suncor uprooting Mississauga and Oakville offices