What NOT to Call 911 For in Peel Region
Police are reminding residents to carefully consider what they call 911 for with an amusing video posted to Twitter today.
The video is a recording of a male resident who recently called 911 in regards to a restaurant getting his order wrong.
“I ordered a chicken sandwich,” the caller says to the 911 operator. “I told [the owner] right before I ordered I can’t eat tomatoes. Cause I’m allergic.”
The caller then says he received tomatoes on his sandwich anyway.
His story is cut off here when the operator tells the caller that this isn’t an appropriate reason for calling the police.
“Please don’t call 911 in the future for fried chicken mishaps,” the operator says before the call ends.
The full call can be heard here:
A restaurant getting your order wrong is NOT an emergency.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) September 21, 2019
A better way to deal with it would be to speak to the manager or call head office.
P.S. Tomatoes don't belong on ANY sandwich.
Change my mind.
While police unfortunately couldn’t help the caller with his issue, hopefully this was a good learning experience for him!
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $2 mil family home with impressive kitchen
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- Armed suspects flee attempted bank robbery in Mississauga
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Major phone scam affecting Mississauga; residents warned not to call back
- Beware of This Phone Call Scam Mississauga
- Latest phone scam in Mississauga showcases OPP on call display
- An Ongoing Phone Call Scam is Targeting People in Mississauga and Beyond