What NOT to Call 911 For in Peel Region
Police are reminding residents to carefully consider what they call 911 for with an amusing video posted to Twitter today.
The video is a recording of a male resident who recently called 911 in regards to a restaurant getting his order wrong.
“I ordered a chicken sandwich,” the caller says to the 911 operator. “I told [the owner] right before I ordered I can’t eat tomatoes. Cause I’m allergic.”
The caller then says he received tomatoes on his sandwich anyway.
His story is cut off here when the operator tells the caller that this isn’t an appropriate reason for calling the police.
“Please don’t call 911 in the future for fried chicken mishaps,” the operator says before the call ends.
The full call can be heard here:
A restaurant getting your order wrong is NOT an emergency.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) September 21, 2019
A better way to deal with it would be to speak to the manager or call head office.
P.S. Tomatoes don't belong on ANY sandwich.
Change my mind.
While police unfortunately couldn’t help the caller with his issue, hopefully this was a good learning experience for him!
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire breaks out on highway in Mississauga
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- Suspect flees armed bank robbery in Mississauga