What Marilyn Monroe Could Have Looked Like
It's hard to imagine the Mississauga skyline without Absolute Condos (aka "Marilyn Monroe Towers") but it could have been another design that could have graced Mississauga.
Back in 2006, an international design competition was held and over 92 designs from 70 countries were received and a panel of architects, civic leaders and members from Cityzen & Fernbrook Developments voted the on the submissions.
In January 2007, they narrowed down the list to just 6 finalists - and this is what the Absolute condos could have looked like:
Finalist 1 - Boyarsky Murphy Architects (United Kingdom)
Finalist 2 - Rojkind Arquitectos (Mexico)
Finalist 3 - Quadrangle Architects Limited (Canada)
Finalist 4 - Studio MWM (United Kingdom)
Finalist 5 - Zeidler Partnership Architects (Canada)
Finalist 6 - MAD Office (U.S.A)
Other designs that didn’t place:
Which would you have voted for?
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- Trudeau attends Mississauga rally in bulletproof vest due to security threats
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed on QEW identified as man from Mississauga
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga
- Mississauga resident named finalist in prestigious competition
- Marilyn Monroe Condos Lighting Up Mississauga in October
- Mississauga Restaurant Named Finalist in Exciting Competition
- Mississauga School Scores Finalist Spot in Prestigious Competition
- Marilyn Monroe Towers Honouring Humboldt Broncos in Mississauga