What Kind of Winter Can We Expect This Year in Mississauga?
As temperatures continue to dip and we get our first glimpses of snow, the question may have already crossed your mind at some point: “What kind of winter are we in store for this year?”
According to a recent forecast from the Weather Network, the answer is — quite simply — a classic Canadian one.
This entails widespread temperatures near or below seasonal normal, along with an active winter storm season for many areas of the country — a strong contrast to the mild winter we experienced last year.
In terms of snow, we’re set to see plenty of the white stuff this season. The Network believes a snowy winter is on the way to southern Ontario, with considerably more precipitation than last year. Frequent storms are also likely for certain areas in the province, and some of them are expected bring a variety of precipitation types (including rain) to the region.
Of course, that’s not to say this winter will be particularly harsh. It will simply fall more in line with the colder, snowier winters we’ve experienced in Mississauga over the years. So if you’re a fan of the Canadian standard, it looks like you’ll have one more reason to celebrate during these upcoming months.
Enjoy the season, everybody!
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- Residents Devastated After Homeless Man’s Garden Destroyed in Mississauga
- New Bank Fraud Scam Circulating in Mississauga
- Police Release Warning to Residents Following Multiple Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Do You Know How to Use a Roundabout in Mississauga?