WestJet expanding summer schedule
WestJet has announced it is expanding its schedule for the remainder of the summer.
Between July 15 and September 4, WestJet will be increasing the number of domestic flights it will be offering to 39 destinations across the country.
During this same time frame, the airline will be offering five flights to the U.S., two flights to Europe, one to the Caribbean, and one to Mexico.
Additionally, starting in August, the airline will be offering 200 daily flights to 48 destinations across Canada, the U.S., the Caribbean, Mexico, and Europe.
WestJet's new August scheduled represents a 10 per cent increase in flights from July, but a 75 per cent reduction in flights compared to August 2019.
It also includes select frequency reductions and temporary domestic route suspensions between stations across Canada due to continued border closures and provincial travel restrictions.
Further, as of August 20, the airline will be reintroducing non-stop Dreamliner service from Calgary to London (Gatwick) and Paris, as well as serving five key transborder destinations including Atlanta, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York (LaGuardia) and Orlando.
“With the many safeguards and procedures in place, we are certain Canadians can safely resume travel to destinations across our network,” Arved von zur Muehlen, chief commercial officer for WestJet, said in a news release. “We continue to adapt our schedule to meet the needs of our guests and through our continued investments economies can begin to recover with the support of domestic tourism driven by air travel.”
“The patchwork of domestic travel restrictions and quarantine periods that are currently in place within our own borders are severely limiting Canada’s economic recovery and putting hundreds of thousands of jobs in our critical industry at risk,” von zur Muehlen, said. “We must standardize intra-provincial travel advice to ensure Canadians can move safely and freely across our country.”
Cover photo courtesy of WestJet via Instagram
- Extremely Cheap Flights to Popular Destinations Now on Sale
- WestJet to temporarily suspend all international and transborder flights
- It’s About to Get Easier to Travel to Europe from Mississauga
- Porter Airlines extends suspension of flights until end of August
- Porter Airlines extends suspension of flights another month to July 29
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Suspects, armed with a knife and gun, sought after Mississauga stabbing
- Male hospitalized following stabbing in Mississauga
- Houses in Mississauga significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- PHOTOS: Intersection gets a fun makeover in Mississauga