Westdale Target Gets New Tenant & Square One Rumours
Ever since Target took leave of our cold country, we've been wondering what would take its place. Now, it's been confirmed that the former Target location at Westdale Mall will be home to a brand new Planet Fitness by the end of January.
Mississauga previously had four former Target locations on ice, with empty storefronts at Square One, Erin Mills Town Centre, Westdale Mall and Sheridan Centre.
Erin Mills Town Centre recently announced that Walmart will be moving in and the news received mixed reviews from people who thought the area could benefit from the discount superstore and critics who felt the brand would downgrade the newly renovated mall's carefully curated "higher-end" vibe.
Now, residents around the Dundas West-area Westdale Mall (or beyond) will get to try a brand new fitness facility in the coming weeks. Planet Fitness is an affordable gym that offers no-commitment, $10 a month memberships with $1 down. The Westdale location will be the first of two Planet Fitness facilities, with the other scheduled to open in the Dundas and Dixie area in February. The brand is also opening a third location in Etobicoke. Beyond traditional gym perks (new equipment, fitness classes, full locker and shower facilities), Planet Fitness provides free pizza on the first Monday of every month and free bagels on the second Tuesday of every month. You can learn more here.
As for the other two locations, we've reached out to both Sheridan Centre and Square One to find out what vendors will be occupying the prime real estate.
As of today. Square One has no news. That said, there have been persistent (but unconfirmed) rumors that Bass Pro Shop might be eyeing the ample retail space.
Sheridan Centre did not respond by press time.
- Brand New Tim Hortons Location Now Open in Mississauga
- Massive Gym Brand Slated to Take Over Erin Mills Fitness
- Walmart at Erin Mills Town Centre Finally Set to Open in Mississauga
- Popular Superstore About to Take Over Old Target Location in Mississauga
- Brand New Store Opening in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- Toddler dies after being struck by car at apartment complex in Mississauga
- A new school is set to be built in Mississauga
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- More than 220,000 Ontarians sign petition urging province to reconsider plan to reopen schools