Welland’s Concerts on the Canal set this summer’s line-up
Published May 9, 2022 at 1:19 pm
Set aside your Friday nights, Welland, because the Concerts on the Canal music series is bouncing back big-time this summer.
The Welland Downtown BIA recently announced the bands for the seven Friday nights gigs, kicking off on June 24 and wrapping up on August 26.
An average of about 3,000 people hit the hillside and bleachers near the floating stage at Merritt Park in Welland in 2019 and earlier. It was, of course, cancelled for the last two years due to the pandemic.
Concerts on the Canal was established in 2015 to offer family friendly content while showcasing local Niagara talent. This year, the event features a wide variety of musical genres and includes artists from both Welland and the Niagara Region.
The dates and line-up for the concert series are as follows:
• Friday, June 24th – Pauly and the Goodfellas with special guests The Repeatles
• Friday, July 1st – Derek Millar with special guests Grace 2: The Tragically Hip Tribute
• Friday, July 8th – The Mandevilles with special guests Sleepy Jean and Chelsea Crites
• Friday, July 22nd – Simply Queen with special guests J.I.N
• Friday, July 29th – Drag it to the Canal – an evening presented by Pride Niagara
• Friday, August 12th – Early Elton with special guests Dueling Pianos Niagara
• Friday, August 26th – Pink Floyd Niagara, with special guests Riders on the Storm – A Live Celebration of: The Doors
There will be a licensed area, as there has been in previous years, a fenced-off section where concertgoers must remain to consume alcohol. It will hold roughly 100 people.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising