Welland holding public info sessions on transportation master plan
Published January 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
As Welland was the only Niagara municipality to initially stall on the region-wide transit system now in place, residents will get their opportunity to voice their opinions when the first of two Public Information Centres (PIC) for Welland’s Transportation Master Planning comes to city hall.
Scheduled for Feb. 1 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Community Room at City Hall, the PIC allows residents to provide feedback and input on the plan’s direction.
Dubbed a “City on the Move”, the plan provides Welland with a long-term road network and active transportation strategies to support existing and accommodate projected population and employment growth.
“Ahead of unprecedented growth in the City, we’re working with residents to create a transportation plan that suits our current needs but also prepares for the future growth expected in the City,” says Livia McEachern, Welland manager of engineering.
“Our goal is to engage residents in our City on the Move development to create a transportation plan that residents can rely on.”
The Master Plan aims to:
• Connect residential, commercial, and industrial areas.
• Enhance active transportation (cycling and pedestrian).
• Promote safe, environmentally responsible, and accessible transportation.
• Promote links to areas of growth, neighbouring municipalities, and key transport corridors.
• Update and create transportation policies to support community vision.
• Update transportation section and schedules within the City’ Official Plan.
• Create a capital plan to meet the City’s future transportation needs.
Residents can visit the City on the Move page HERE.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising