Well-Known Mississauga Restaurateur Accused of Sexual Assault
A well-known restaurateur from Mississauga is facing sexual assault charges.
Niagara Police recently announced that Rocco Giovannelli, 51, is facing charges following an alleged incident at a Port Dalhousie restaurant in September.
Giovannelli has been associated with a number of well-known Mississauga restaurants over the years, including Goodfellas in Streetsville and Fired Up in Port Credit.
He has not been associated with the Mississauga restaurants for a few years now.
Police allege that on Sept. 14, 2018, between 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., an adult female was at a restaurant in the Lock Street and Lakeport Road area when she was approached at her table by a member of the restaurant management.
Police say that, during the course of conversation, she was allegedly sexually assaulted.
The accused has been charged with sexual assault and was held in custody pending a bail hearing on Friday, Oct. 12.
Investigators are looking to speak with potential witnesses to the incident and have reason to believe there may be more victims. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Matthew Catherwood at (905) 688-4111 Dial Option 3, Badge number (9399)
- Police Investigating Shots Fired into Mississauga Residence
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- Police Make One of the Largest Gun Seizures in Region’s History
- Police Searching for Missing Mississauga Male
- Report Suggests Criminal Money is Driving Up Housing Prices in the GTA
- Mississauga Massage Therapist Facing Sexual Assault Charges
- Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
- Teacher Who Taught in Mississauga Facing Sexual Assault Charges
- Man Arrested Following Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- Man Claiming to be Doctor Charged with Sexual Assault in Mississauga