Well-Known Canadian Coffee Giant Set to Open Pot Shops
A popular Canadian-grown coffee brand that just recently partnered with a beloved frozen yogurt brand is embarking on another—and very interesting—partnership.
National Access Cannabis Corp. (NAC) recently announced that is has established a "strategic alliance" with Second Cup to operate recreational cannabis dispensaries and lounges across Canada.
NAC says the plan is to develop and operate a network of NAC-branded recreational cannabis dispensaries initially across Western Canada, expanding to include additional provinces where legally permissible.
NAC says it will work with Second Cup (which recently partnered with Pinkberry to bring customers a mix of coffee and frozen yogurt) and franchisees to leverage the homegrown cafe's "extensive Canadian retail footprint" to construct retail stores carrying leading pot products.
Naturally, conversion of any Second Cup cafe to a dispensary will be conditional on obtaining a retail license from provincial regulators and the approval of Second Cup and the applicable franchisee and landlord.
“With exceptional quality real estate located across Canada, our alliance with Second Cup will offer consumers access to quality cannabis products and the superior service in the comfortable setting they’ve come to expect from NAC,” said Mark Goliger, CEO of National Access Cannabis.
“This relationship allows us to quickly expand our footprint in proven high-traffic retail locations across Canada. With an initial focus on Western Canada, we’ll look to work with Second Cup to license select storefronts, utilizing our proven business model to deliver secure, safe, and responsible access.”
Second Cup is also enthusiastic about the partnership.
“NAC has developed a strong reputation as a leading operator in the cannabis industry. This strategic relationship provides Second Cup with a great opportunity to leverage our select real estate assets to increase value for shareholders and franchisee partners," says Garry Macdonald, Second Cup’s president & CEO.
"At the same time, we remain focused on growing our Second Cup brand and sales through continued product innovation and expanding our network across Canada.”
So there you have it, you might one day be able to pop into Second Cup for a legal marijuana fix!
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: One Man Dead Following Collision in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here’s What’s Happening with Mississauga’s Biggest Residential Development
- Celebration Square Releases 2019 Movie Lineup
- This Popular Coffee Chain Is Also Converting Stores to Sell Cannabis
- Mississauga Makes Final Decision on Whether or Not to Allow Cannabis Retail Stores
- A Cannabis Retail Store Could be Coming to Mississauga Soon
- A Very Unusual Change Could be Coming to Second Cup Locations in Mississauga
- Here’s How Private Cannabis Stores Will Function in Mississauga