Weather Warning Issued for Mississauga
We know how hard and loud you groan when we post weather updates, but here's one anyways (because we love and care about you and want you to enjoy the excess heat -- summers are just so short in Canada -- while taking the proper precautions)!
Environment Canada recently announced that a heat warning is in effect for Mississauga and Brampton (and also Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills and Milton). According to the organization, hot and humid conditions will arrive Thursday and continue throughout the weekend.
Prepare yourselves, guys! It's going to be a scorcher!
My trusty iPhone weather app is predicting highs of up to 34 degrees from Thursday through to Sunday, so be sure to do your best to prevent heat stroke when out enjoying the sunny weather this weekend. If you do plan on spending time outside (and you should be out enjoying the great outdoors if you are able because vitamin D is good for you and, like I said, summer is criminally short in these parts), be sure to drink lots of water.
Also, don't leave your pets/children/elderly loved ones/passed out friends in scorching hot vehicles for any length of time.
Be safe and have fun!
- PHOTOS: Check Out These High Rise Towers Proposed For This Busy Mississauga Intersection
- Police Report Major Road Closure in Mississauga
- Mississauga Teen Arrested After Two Men Stabbed, Seriously Injured
- Highway Crash Blocking Lanes in Mississauga
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans