Weather Warning Issued for Mississauga
We know how hard and loud you groan when we post weather updates, but here's one anyways (because we love and care about you and want you to enjoy the excess heat -- summers are just so short in Canada -- while taking the proper precautions)!
Environment Canada recently announced that a heat warning is in effect for Mississauga and Brampton (and also Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills and Milton). According to the organization, hot and humid conditions will arrive Thursday and continue throughout the weekend.
Prepare yourselves, guys! It's going to be a scorcher!
My trusty iPhone weather app is predicting highs of up to 34 degrees from Thursday through to Sunday, so be sure to do your best to prevent heat stroke when out enjoying the sunny weather this weekend. If you do plan on spending time outside (and you should be out enjoying the great outdoors if you are able because vitamin D is good for you and, like I said, summer is criminally short in these parts), be sure to drink lots of water.
Also, don't leave your pets/children/elderly loved ones/passed out friends in scorching hot vehicles for any length of time.
Be safe and have fun!
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- Suspect flees armed bank robbery in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga