Weather Warning in Effect Starting Sunday in Mississauga
Residents may want to take it easy this weekend, especially those who are vulnerable to intense heat.
A heat warning has been issued for uncomfortably hot weather beginning on Sunday (June 17).
Daytime highs near 31 degrees and low temperatures near 21 degrees are likely on Sunday and Monday, Environment Canada reports.
With little night time relief from the heat, humidex values reaching 40 degrees are expected.
The cause for the heat is a warm front that is expected to bring a southwesterly flow of hot and humid air over Southern Ontario.
A cold front is expected on Monday night which should help bring temperatures back down.
During heat warnings, residents are advised to prevent heat-related illnesses by keeping hydrated and staying in a cool environment whenever possible.
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- Police Identify Brampton Shooting Victim Found on the 410 in Mississauga
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- Police Respond to Multiple Vehicle Collision in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga