Weather Warning in Effect for Mississauga
See all that water falling from the sky? It's definitely what you're used to, but Environment Canada is warning Brampton and Mississauga residents to exercise caution due to the significant amount of rainfall that's expected to accumulate over the next hour or so.
The weather agency recently announced that rainfall warnings are in effect for Peel and that heavy showers are expected. Environment Canada also said that showers and thunderstorms are expected to continue through the noon hour.
Local amounts of 50 to 60 mm will be possible.
Fortunately, the rain will move out of the region this afternoon.
Caution is advised, especially near creeks and on the highways.
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Boeing 737 Max's very first flight after two deadly crashes takes off from Pearson
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Peel Region follows provincial downward trend in new COVID-19 cases
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021