Weather Warning in Effect for Mississauga
See all that water falling from the sky? It's definitely what you're used to, but Environment Canada is warning Brampton and Mississauga residents to exercise caution due to the significant amount of rainfall that's expected to accumulate over the next hour or so.
The weather agency recently announced that rainfall warnings are in effect for Peel and that heavy showers are expected. Environment Canada also said that showers and thunderstorms are expected to continue through the noon hour.
Local amounts of 50 to 60 mm will be possible.
Fortunately, the rain will move out of the region this afternoon.
Caution is advised, especially near creeks and on the highways.
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton students will be learning from home for the foreseeable future
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga