Weather Warning in Effect for Mississauga
See all that water falling from the sky? It's definitely what you're used to, but Environment Canada is warning Brampton and Mississauga residents to exercise caution due to the significant amount of rainfall that's expected to accumulate over the next hour or so.
The weather agency recently announced that rainfall warnings are in effect for Peel and that heavy showers are expected. Environment Canada also said that showers and thunderstorms are expected to continue through the noon hour.
Local amounts of 50 to 60 mm will be possible.
Fortunately, the rain will move out of the region this afternoon.
Caution is advised, especially near creeks and on the highways.
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant