Weather Statement Issued for Thunderstorm in Mississauga
It could get stormy this afternoon, according to a recent weather statement.
Environment Canada is tracking scattered thunderstorms that will move southeastward across the GTA this afternoon.
“A few of these storms may contain isolated wind gusts to 80 km/h, torrential downpours, small hail, and frequent lightning,” the statement reads.
However, as the storms will be localized, some areas will not be affected.
Residents are advised to stay indoors during potentially dangerous weather and keep an eye out for further weather statements.
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga
- City councillor furious after fire set in sports field in Mississauga
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic