Weather Alert Issued This Weekend in Mississauga
Hope you like hot, humid weather, because there’s more of it coming our way.
Environment Canada has issued a weather alert for extreme heat this Sunday and Monday (July 15 and 16), citing a hot and humid airmass that will affect much of Southern Ontario.
High temperatures are expected to be in the low thirties but feel closer to 40, the report states.
The nighttime seemingly won’t provide much relief, with overnight temperatures only dropping to the low twenties.
A cold front is expected to move through early Tuesday, bringing an end to the heat.
As with all heat warnings, residents are advised to take precautions in order to avoid heat-related illnesses.
Remember to stay hydrated, check on older family members and neighbours, and never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Married parents of two from Milton celebrating big lotto win
- Arrest made after early morning shooting puts Hamilton school in lockdown