Weather Alert in Effect for Mississauga
Although it now appears that spring is finally here, inclement weather is still a reality for many.
Recently, Environment Canada announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Mississauga.
According to the weather outlet, total rainfall amounts of 20 to 30 millimetres are expected this evening. The rain is expected to continue into Tuesday.
Environment Canada reports that rain from the low pressure system will move into areas extending from Lake Huron to the Golden Horseshoe by early this evening, then spread northeast by midnight.
The rain will come to an end on Tuesday night.
While a lot of rain is expected, the agency added that expected rainfall amounts are below the criterion of 50 mm rain in 24 hours required for a rainfall warning.
So there's no official warning in place, but it will be wet out there. Use extra caution when driving and stay safe.
- Brand New American Restaurant Goes Bankrupt in Mississauga
- Car Seen Driving Erratically and Speeding Down Major Road in Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired in Mississauga
- Male Arrested for Setting Playground on Fire in Mississauga