Weather Advisory is in Effect for Mississauga
Well, we told you it was a possibility and now it looks like it’s the real deal.
A winter weather travel advisory has been issued by Environment Canada early Thursday for Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills.
“Snowfall and rapidly falling temperatures could affect road conditions late this afternoon or during the evening,” reads the statement.
A cold front is predicted to track over southern Ontario through the day.
“As this front passes, temperatures will drop below the freezing mark and scattered rain showers will change to flurries.”
Untreated surfaces could become icy and slippery, the federal agency warns.
Thursday’s forecast is mainly cloudy with showers beginning this afternoon with a predicted high of 8C with temperature falling to 2C this afternoon.
Tonight, rain showers are expected to be changing to flurries and ending near midnight. Then it will be mainly cloudy with a 40 per cent chance of flurries with local blowing snow this evening. Tonight’s low is -10C.
Friday is looking like it will be mainly cloudy with a 30 per cent chance of flurries in the morning. The predicted high is -3C with a low of -9C.
Saturday is expected to see a mix of sun and cloud with a high of zero and a low of -1C.
Sunday’s forecast is cloudy with a 30 per cent chance of rain showers or flurries and a high of 4C with a low of 1C.
- Weather Forecast Calling for Snow Flurries in Mississauga
- Warmer weather and snow showers in forecast for Mississauga
- Mississauga’s Weekly Weather Forecast – Dec. 10 – Dec. 16
- Mississauga’s Weekly Weather Forecast – Nov. 26 – Dec. 2
- Chilly weather and potential flurries expected this week in Mississauga
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga, Brampton vaccine clinics taking place this weekend
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- What's open at Square One mall in Mississauga