Weather Advisory in Effect for Mississauga
Just stay in bed and wrap yourself like a burrito.
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect Friday morning for Mississauga and Brampton.
“A band of lake effect snow from Lake Ontario is grazing areas near the shore of the lake in Mississauga this morning,” reads the advisory issued by Environment Canada at 6:39 a.m.
“This lake effect snow band may drift into the City of Toronto after 7 a.m. today.”
Local snowfall - 2 to 5 cm - is possible mainly near the lake.
“Sudden very low visibility in bursts of heavier snow is possible as the lake effect snow band moves through,” the advisory continues.
“This snow band will affect the morning commute particularly along the QEW and Gardiner Expressway.”
Drivers are asked to allow extra time to reach their destination due to poor winter driving conditions.
Friday’s predicted high is is -10 C, with a low of -13 C.
- Travel advisory in effect due to poor driving conditions in Mississauga
- Special weather advisory in effect for Mississauga this morning
- Weather advisory in effect for the morning commute in Mississauga
- Winter Weather Travel Advisory is in Effect for Mississauga
- Winter Weather Travel Advisory issued for Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Major road closed due to serious crash in Mississauga
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Peel Region follows provincial downward trend in new COVID-19 cases