Weather Advisory in Effect for Mississauga
Just stay in bed and wrap yourself like a burrito.
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect Friday morning for Mississauga and Brampton.
“A band of lake effect snow from Lake Ontario is grazing areas near the shore of the lake in Mississauga this morning,” reads the advisory issued by Environment Canada at 6:39 a.m.
“This lake effect snow band may drift into the City of Toronto after 7 a.m. today.”
Local snowfall - 2 to 5 cm - is possible mainly near the lake.
“Sudden very low visibility in bursts of heavier snow is possible as the lake effect snow band moves through,” the advisory continues.
“This snow band will affect the morning commute particularly along the QEW and Gardiner Expressway.”
Drivers are asked to allow extra time to reach their destination due to poor winter driving conditions.
Friday’s predicted high is is -10 C, with a low of -13 C.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Region of Peel takes stronger measures to keep COVID-19 patients quarantined
- Special weather advisory in effect for Mississauga this morning
- Weather advisory in effect for the morning commute in Mississauga
- Winter Weather Travel Advisory is in Effect for Mississauga
- Mississauga weather advisory expected to effect afternoon commute
- Blowing snow advisory in effect for Mississauga