Weather Advisory in Effect for Mississauga
Just stay in bed and wrap yourself like a burrito.
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect Friday morning for Mississauga and Brampton.
“A band of lake effect snow from Lake Ontario is grazing areas near the shore of the lake in Mississauga this morning,” reads the advisory issued by Environment Canada at 6:39 a.m.
“This lake effect snow band may drift into the City of Toronto after 7 a.m. today.”
Local snowfall - 2 to 5 cm - is possible mainly near the lake.
“Sudden very low visibility in bursts of heavier snow is possible as the lake effect snow band moves through,” the advisory continues.
“This snow band will affect the morning commute particularly along the QEW and Gardiner Expressway.”
Drivers are asked to allow extra time to reach their destination due to poor winter driving conditions.
Friday’s predicted high is is -10 C, with a low of -13 C.
- A Mississauga-Based School Has Made it Onto an Exciting List
- Police Investigating Two Armed Vehicle Robberies in Mississauga
- Mississauga Woman Wins Big Lotto Cash Prize
- Brand New Jewellery Store Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Man Arrested for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman in Mississauga