Weather Advisory in Effect for Mississauga
Just stay in bed and wrap yourself like a burrito.
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect Friday morning for Mississauga and Brampton.
“A band of lake effect snow from Lake Ontario is grazing areas near the shore of the lake in Mississauga this morning,” reads the advisory issued by Environment Canada at 6:39 a.m.
“This lake effect snow band may drift into the City of Toronto after 7 a.m. today.”
Local snowfall - 2 to 5 cm - is possible mainly near the lake.
“Sudden very low visibility in bursts of heavier snow is possible as the lake effect snow band moves through,” the advisory continues.
“This snow band will affect the morning commute particularly along the QEW and Gardiner Expressway.”
Drivers are asked to allow extra time to reach their destination due to poor winter driving conditions.
Friday’s predicted high is is -10 C, with a low of -13 C.
- Winter weather travel advisory in effect for Mississauga and Brampton this morning
- Winter Weather Travel Advisory in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- Weather advisory in effect for Mississauga and Brampton this morning
- Travel advisory in effect due to poor driving conditions in Mississauga
- Special weather advisory in effect for Mississauga this morning
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario