Weather Advisory in Effect for Mississauga
You might not want to hear this after last night's slippery road crisis, but Environment Canada recently reported that a weather advisory is in effect for Mississauga (along with Brampton, Caledon and Halton) and is warning residents to beware of possible slippery conditions on Thursday (Dec. 29) morning.
According to Environment Canada, snow is expected to develop over night across Southern Ontario and taper off late Thursday morning. Areas away from Lake Ontario can expect up to four to eight centimetres of accumulation and areas near the lake can expect less due to a rain and snow mix.
"With the snow falling during the morning rush hour, holiday travelers and commuters may experience travel delays," the report reads. "Untreated roads will likely be slippery."
Be careful out there in slippery conditions, everyone!
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Mississauga in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 17
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police