Water bill payments in Mississauga deferred due to COVID-19 pandemic
In response to the impact COVID-19 is having on the community, the Region of Peel is allowing residents of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon to take some extra time to pay certain bills if they are no longer able to pay on schedule.
On March 27, the region announced that it's deferring the water and wastewater rate increase scheduled for April 1, 2020, to July 1, 2020.
The region is also introducing a 91-day grace period for water bills due from April 1 - June 30.
During this time, no late payment charges will be applied.
The grace period will take effect immediately.
Customers who are currently on a pre-authorized payment plan can contact the region at 905-791-8711 or email ZZGPaymentsNew [at] peelregion [dot] ca to change scheduled payments.
The region says it's also waiving fares for TransHelp passengers.
"The Region of Peel is working closely with Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga to defer tax bill payments," said Nando Iannicca, Regional Chair, in a statement.
"The Region is very supportive of the measures taken by local municipalities to support residents and businesses in need in their respective communities during this very challenging time."
Those able to make their water bill payment can still do so by not changing their pre-authorized payment schedule or by paying the bill by phone or online. In-person payments are not permitted at this time due to physical distancing measures.
- Your Water Bill Might Skyrocket in Mississauga Due to Doug Ford Policies Soon
- Mississauga defers more tax payments because of COVID-19 pandemic
- Region of Peel takes stronger measures to keep COVID-19 patients quarantined
- Region of Peel approves tax increase for 2020 in Mississauga
- Region of Peel declares Emergency in wake of COVID-19 spread
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Mississauga to begin reopening outdoor amenities