WATCH: Hamilton PSW wins $500K as first-ever Plinko player at OLG Prize Centre
A Hamilton woman was the first to drop a chip down the Plinko Board at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto and she won the $500,000 top prize.
OLG made the announcement Friday (Feb. 5).
Florence Kalu purchased the new Plinko ticket at Blue Willow Variety & Communication on Upper James St.
“I had to make some photocopies, so I went to the store,” shared the 49-year-old personal support worker. “As I was waiting for my copies, I purchased some Instant tickets, including the new Plinko ticket to play.”
Plinko is a $5 scratch game that offers a grand prize of a live Plinko chip drop based on the popular Price is Right game.
“When I dropped the chip I was lost in the moment. Then I looked at the monitor and saw it landed on $500,000 and I was beyond excited,” added Florence. “I was screaming, cheering and rolling on the floor!”
“I will never forget this moment. I’m still in shock.”
Florence said she plans to “rest her mind” before making any decisions but says this money will change her life.
“I intend to give back and change the lives of others,” she concluded.
- Hamilton steel mill worker wins top prize in an Instant Ticket
- Brampton lottery player tried something new and wins the top prize
- Brampton lottery player waiting for clearance before claiming big prize
- Mississauga Resident Wins Big Lotto Prize
- Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines