Was the Mississauga House Explosion Caused by a Gas-Related Issue?
Gas is the main focus of the investigation into the astonishing house explosion that happened Tuesday around 4 p.m.
Mississauga fire investigators believe it's a possibility gas was the cause for the explosion, but it's too early to say for sure, according to the Toronto Star.
Jeff Minten, Ontario Fire Marshal supervisor, told reporters that the investigation is expected to take two to three days as investigators continue to examine the scene.
"At this point, the investigation is in its infancy," Minten told The Star.
Minten described the explosion damage as "significant but contained to the immediate vicinity" of the blast site, the article reports.
The Ontario Fire Marshal isn't currently speculating on the cause of the explosion. However, investigators are looking into every possible "system" cause, which includes gas-related fixtures.
Some people have speculated a possible meth lab or a drug related explosion but usually in scenes of a drug related explosions you would see people in hazmat suits in the area which there are no signs of.
It's been quite a while since we've had an explosion of this magnitude. The last gas-related house explosion in the GTA was the "Sunrise Propane Incident," which happened in Toronto in 2008 and required thousands of people to be evacuated from their homes.
The Mississauga investigation is ongoing, and we should hopefully be seeing the results sooner rather than later.
CAUGHT ON VIDEO: House Explodes in Mississauga Aftermath
Reports are early but according the Peel Regional Police Twitter account that a house on Hickory Drive near Dixie and Rathburn has exploded. Read more
- Syrian refugee family makes new life--and opens new business--in Mississauga
- Hurontario Street closed in Mississauga due to collision
- Former Mississauga mayor Hazel McCallion set to support pro-Don Cherry Rally
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Mississauga just beat a 33-year-old record for lowest temperature
- Police Investigate Strange Notes Related to Mississauga House Explosion
- Investigation into House Explosion in Mississauga Becomes Homicide Investigation
- Mississauga Explosion Update: 12 PM
- Mississauga Explosion Update: 5 PM
- UPDATE: Multiple People Still Displaced Six Months After Hickory Drive Explosion in Mississauga