Warm-up Thefts on the Rise in Mississauga
Do you leave your car unattended when it's warming up?
Residents should be on high-alert -- leaving your vehicle unattended while it's warming up is dangerous, say police.
Peel Regional Police say that there have been several warm-up car thefts reported today, Friday, December 15, 2017 across the region.
According to police, this type of theft occurs more often throughout the winter, when the weather is colder.
"It takes less than a minute for a thief to steal a vehicle when it is left unattended," say police.
Even if you're just warming up your car in your own driveway, you should never leave your vehicle running and unattended.
Anyone who may have any information pertaining to any theft of a vehicle may call Peel Regional Police at (905) 453-3311. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers online, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word “PEEL” and then your tip.
- Police Warning Residents to Watch Out for Car Thefts in Mississauga
- Two Men Arrested in Connection With Mississauga Car Theft
- Police Warning Public About String of Dangerous Vehicle Part Thefts in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Vehicle Thefts at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Suspected Scratch Lottery Ticket Thief in Mississauga and Beyond