WANTED: Hamilton Police looking for young Peel man in connection to Airbnb shooting
Hamilton Police are looking for a young man from the Peel Region they say is armed and dangerous and who is believed to have threatened an Airbnb manager and fired a shot into the ceiling of the building before fleeing the scene.
On August 9, 2020, Hamilton Police said they were called to an Airbnb on Aberdeen Avenue to reports of a shot fired.
Witnesses say that three men arrived at the building and that within a short time, there were complaints from other residents that they were causing a disturbance.
Police say the property manager tried to evict them but one of the men pulled out a shotgun and pointed it at the property manager and then fired into the ceiling, damaging a light fixture.
No one was injured in this incident.
All of the men then exited the building and they were last seen driving away in a grey SUV, possibly a Toyota.
The alleged shooter in this incident has been identified, police say, and is now wanted for various firearms offences, including the reckless discharge of a firearm, point firearm and various other offences relating to this incident.
Police are searching for 18-year-old Christopher Mitchell of no fixed address in the Peel Region.
Mitchel is described as:
- Male, Black
- 5’ 5” tall, slim build
Police say Mitchell is considered armed and dangerous and people should exercise caution and call 911 if he's seen.
The investigation is ongoing as police continue to identify the other two outstanding suspects.
If you have information that can assist in this investigation please call Division 1 Criminal Investigation Branch, Detective Constable Alex Buck at (905)546-3817.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Hamilton man arrested in connection to Mountain stabbing incident: Police
- Peel Police Issue Warrant for Alleged Parking Lot Shooter
- Hamilton Police believe fugitive wanted for several assault charges is still in the area
- Peel police appeal for witnesses in Mississauga teen's shooting
- Police Seeking Suspect Involved in Firearm Offences in Mississauga
- One-year-old girl pulled from Burlington swimming pool dies in hospital
- Hamilton considers closing East Mountain street to vehicles, asks residents to weigh in
- Two males involved in Brampton collision flee on foot, Peel police say
- Trio robs Brampton convenience store, police say
- Five-week-old puppy stolen during armed invasion of occupied Brampton house