Want to Cool Off in a Splash Pad or Outdoor Pool in Mississauga?
It's hot out there (yay!), so we want you to know there are some fun options for anyone looking to cool off while enjoying the sunshine.
The City of Mississauga recently reminded residents that they can "beat the heat" throughout the summer at a number of city-run pools and spray pads. Residents can also seek shelter under trees and various foliage at local parks, if they’re so inclined.
As far as spray pads go, residents with little ones can enjoy any of the 26 spray pads in Mississauga (weather permitting). All spray pads are unsupervised and open at 9 a.m. As for where they're located, you can find pads at Churchill Meadows Community Common, Huron Heights, Jack Darling Memorial Park, Mississauga Valley Park, South Common Community Centre and other locations throughout the city.
For a full list of spray pad locations, click here.
If you want to go swimming, you might be interested to learn that Mississauga operates 11 indoor pools that are open all year round. The indoor pools offer a variety of aquatic programs, drop-in swims and lessons for all ages.
For a limited time (June 1 to June 30), the City is offering a Pool Splash Pass that allows kids to swim all summer for $40.
The City also operates seven outdoor pools that are set to open on June 24 and pools typically offer extended hours while extreme heat warnings are in effect.
Today, two outdoor pools will be open in the evening offering free fun swims.
These pools are (Monday, June 12 only):
Don McLean Westacres Outdoor Pool
6 - 9 p.m.
Lewis Bradley Outdoor Pool
6 - 9 p.m.
Stay cool and enjoy the weather!
- Mississauga Splash Pads Open Up for the Summer
- Here’s Where to Find a Spray Pad in Mississauga
- Here’s what’s opening in Mississauga as the city moves into stage 2
- Ontario extends emergency orders to June 19
- Heat wave forces cities, long-term care centres to rethink how to offer heat relief under COVID-19
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool
- House of the Week: $3.6 mil mansion that backs onto Rattray Marsh
- Police looking for missing 13 year old girl in Mississauga
- First glimpse of Canada’s true COVID-19 infection rate expected mid-July
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter