Want to Attend an Afternoon Tea in Mississauga?
Although afternoon teas might be considered stuffy relics by some, they're actually pretty on-trend (and, most importantly, fun).
The events, typically attended by women but certainly suitable for anyone of any gender and for any occasion (although they're especially ideal for bridal showers, bachelorettes, get togethers with friends, birthdays and quaint dates), are fun because they're throwbacks to a bygone era and they involve food.
And best of all? You can attend some pretty unique ones in Mississauga.
If you want to enjoy tea, snacks and a little bit of Mississauga's heritage, you might want to attend an afternoon tea at the Bradley Museum. You can pair your culinary adventure with a tour of the museum, which will allow you to check out the original farmhouse built in 1830 by Lewis and Elizabeth Bradley. You can also explore the Anchorage, a regency-style cottage built in 1837 and an award-winning log cabin (that's where you'll get to enjoy traditional afternoon cream teas).
The afternoon teas will be held on the following days:
- Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
If you're interested, keep in mind that a reservation is required. To book one, call 905-615-4860 ex 2110 to book. The afternoon costs $15.35 + tax.
If you want a tea that's a little more themed, you can actually check out a Downton Abbey Tea at the Benares Historic House. If you book this tea, you can discover the "upstairs and downstairs" stories of the Harris and Sayers families and their domestic staff.
The event involves a tour the house with guides who will highlight the lives of the family during the war years. After, you can enjoy a traditional cream tea with treats and a variety of other teas
Feel free to dress the part, if you wish!
These take place on the following days:
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Sunday, November 5, 2017 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Sunday, December 3, 2017 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
A reservation is also required for this event. To book one, call 905-615-4860 ex 2110. Prince is also $15.35 + tax.
- Canada's National Parks and Historic Sites Are Free for Mississauga Residents in 2017
- 5 New Year's Eve Events in Mississauga 2017
- Here’s a Look at Almost Every Christmas Event in Mississauga
- Extreme Weather Could Hit Mississauga This Afternoon
- You'll Never Guess How Many People Joined This Dating Site in 2017