Walmart going on hiring spree, adding 10,000 people across the country
Walmart Canada is hiring 10,000 people after announcing a $3.5-billion investment to drive growth.
The positions are in e-commerce, fresh food, merchandising, customer experience, warehouse and drivers.
Interested applicants can text to obtain an application or apply directly online.
The retail giant says the investment over the next five years will lead to the use of advanced technologies working alongside employees to move products as quickly as possible.
The hiring comes a day after Lowe's Canada says it is hiring more than 625 positions in Quebec at its Rona and Reno-Depot stores and about 30 positions at its Boucherville, Que., distribution centre.
The home improvement retailer also says it will provide a $300 bonus later this month to full-time hourly employees and $150 to part-time and seasonal workers. That's in addition to bonuses paid earlier this year after the arrival of COVID-19.
- Brampton and Mississauga Lowe's locations hosting hiring day to fill 240 positions
- Popular Home Goods Store Bringing Over 50 Jobs to Mississauga
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic: May 8
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic: May 1
- Walmart Canada investing $3.5 billion over five years, notably on technology
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Peel orders closure of three businesses, one Bakery, in Mississauga
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga