Walmart beef products recalled in Mississauga
The food recall that was issued on October 12 for raw beef has been updated to include more product information.
The information was discovered during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s investigation into various raw beef and raw veal products that may have become contaminated with E. coli.
The products that are part of the updated recall include various items sold only at specific stores in Ontario; however, the Steakhouse Select cracked pepper beef sirloin roasts sold at Walmart have been recalled across the province.
Additionally, some Centennial Foods products sold to restaurants in Ontario have also been added to the list, including: burger 50/50 brisket/chuck, 4.07 kg beef chuck, and 4.79 kg beef chuck and brisket patties. All recalled items would have been sold between August 22 and August 29.
Anyone with products that have been recalled is instructed to dispose of them or return them to the store they were originally purchased from; do NOT eat them.
Symptoms of E. coli can include nausea, vomiting, mild to severe abdominal cramps and watery to bloody diarrhea. In severe cases, some people may have seizures or strokes, need blood transfusions and kidney dialysis or live with permanent kidney damage—extremely severe cases can be fatal.
Anyone who believes they may have become sick from consuming a recalled product should contact their doctor immediately.
- Beef and veal products recalled in Mississauga due to E. coli
- Beef and veal products recalled due to E. coli
- Ground Meat Products Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Potentially Dangerous Meat Products Being Recalled from Mississauga Stores
- Beef Product Sold at Mississauga Restaurant Recalled Due to Potentially Dangerous Bacteria
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- UPDATE: 82 year old motorcyclist dead following crash in Mississauga
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Hugely popular dessert restaurant coming to Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga