WALK THRU + TRY: New gnocchi dish at Capra’s Kitchen in Mississauga
Capra’s Kitchen, which has fundamentally changed the food scene in Mississauga, is known for providing local foodies with incredible Italian fare.
In 2017, celebrity chef (and Mississauga resident) Chef Massimo Capra and his signature ‘stache and big personality made a splash in the city with the opening of Capra’s Kitchen on Lakeshore Rd. in the Clarkson neighbourhood.
The restaurant quickly attracted a loyal following, and it’s keeping things interesting by constantly introducing new dishes and cocktails. One new menu item that diners won’t want to miss? The delicious handmade gnocchi.
For those who are unaware, gnocchi is a type of pasta dish consisting of thick, small, and soft dough dumplings that are typically made from potato. The bite-sized dumplings may also be made from semolina, ordinary wheat flour, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, cornmeal or something similar.
At Capra’s Kitchen, the potatoes are roasted, peeled and mashed and blended with other ingredients, such as nutmeg, cheese, and eggs. The dumplings can be paired with almost any sauce, such as a rich and creamy tomato-based sauce or a decadent bleu cheese-based sauce such as gorgonzola.
So if you’re in the mood for an incredible pasta dish, you might want to stop into Capra’s Kitchen soon.
- WALK THRU & TRY: 3 Most Popular Dishes at Capra's Kitchen
- Enjoy a three-course menu this Valentine’s Day from Celebrity Chef Massimo and Capra’s Kitchen
- WALK-THRU & TRY: Brand new cocktails at Capra’s Kitchen in Mississauga
- Celebrity Chef Massimo to Open a Restaurant in Mississauga
- Celebrity Chef Massimo Capra Set to Hit Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga