WALK THRU + TRY: New gnocchi dish at Capra’s Kitchen in Mississauga
Capra’s Kitchen, which has fundamentally changed the food scene in Mississauga, is known for providing local foodies with incredible Italian fare.
In 2017, celebrity chef (and Mississauga resident) Chef Massimo Capra and his signature ‘stache and big personality made a splash in the city with the opening of Capra’s Kitchen on Lakeshore Rd. in the Clarkson neighbourhood.
The restaurant quickly attracted a loyal following, and it’s keeping things interesting by constantly introducing new dishes and cocktails. One new menu item that diners won’t want to miss? The delicious handmade gnocchi.
For those who are unaware, gnocchi is a type of pasta dish consisting of thick, small, and soft dough dumplings that are typically made from potato. The bite-sized dumplings may also be made from semolina, ordinary wheat flour, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, cornmeal or something similar.
At Capra’s Kitchen, the potatoes are roasted, peeled and mashed and blended with other ingredients, such as nutmeg, cheese, and eggs. The dumplings can be paired with almost any sauce, such as a rich and creamy tomato-based sauce or a decadent bleu cheese-based sauce such as gorgonzola.
So if you’re in the mood for an incredible pasta dish, you might want to stop into Capra’s Kitchen soon.
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – October 27