WATCH: NDP’s Andrea Horwath on Ontario’s new restrictions, upcoming provincial election and more
Published January 5, 2022 at 4:45 pm
Leader of the NDP and the official opposition in Ontario, Andrea Horwath, chats with Khaled Iwamura from insauga about new Ontario restrictions, upcoming provincial elections, and more
Here are the questions that were asked:
- Doug Ford came out Monday to announce more restrictions…Was there any other way of getting back to normal without restrictions?
- Do you think the supports to the most hit industries is adequate? What should be done?
- How does it make sense – indoor dining at restaurants to shut down and gyms have to close but indoor weddings and religious services will be limited to 50 percent room capacity?
- Do you think these new restrictions will go past Jan 26?
- Do you think closing in-class learning at schools goes far enough? What would you do differently?
- What do you think of the province’s decision to stop reporting cases in schools?
- Paramedics and hospitals in Brampton are dealing with staff shortages due to the increase in Omicron cases – is there anything you think the province can do to help ease the pressure and fill staffing gaps?
- If you became Premier would you reinstate the LRT City Centre loop?
- There is an election coming up in June…What do you have to do to become the next Premier?
Stay the know
Subscribe now to receive our daily email of today's top stories in your city!