MAYORS CHAT: Mayor Brown on what is going on at Brampton City Council
Published July 27, 2022 at 4:01 pm
Khaled Iwamura chats to Mayor Patrick Brown about the “dysfunctional” Brampton city council and more.
Questions asked to Mayor Patrick Brown:
- Brampton residents have called this council “dysfunctional”.
- They’ve missed 6 and you’ve missed 4. On the recent missed council meetings – you’ve said you want to dock members’ pay for missing five meetings in a row.
- You say the councillors who supported the motion should pay the $20,000 fee for challenging the motion in court – how will you put that motion forward if meetings can’t go ahead?
- Can we let bygones be bygones for the sake of Brampton regarding the issue with half of Brampton City Council?
- The city’s former integrity commissioner is reportedly suing the city for $3 million dollars after being let go by council – do you think the councillors who voted for the firing should also be fiscally responsible for that lawsuit?
- On your bid for Mayor of Brampton – how do you think running for the CPC leadership has impacted your chances of re-election?
Stay the know
Subscribe now to receive our daily email of today's top stories in your city!