MAYORS CHAT: Burlington Mayor chats Ukraine community, Sound of Music and pedestrian bridge
Published March 2, 2022 at 6:21 pm
Khaled Iwamura chat with the Mayor of Burlington Marianne Meed Ward about the Ukraine community, Sound of Music Festival and so much more.
- Have you talked to the Ukrainian community in Burlington?
- When do you think the mask mandates will be dropped?
- Tell me about the long-term plan to build a pedestrian bridge over the QEW, east of Brant Street.
- Burlington made it easier and cheaper for patios for local restaurants, including on public land. Any other plans to help the restaurant industry out of its two-year slump?
- Metrolinx dropped a $110M bombshell in your laps about the Burloak underpass. What can the city do so Burlington’s share doesn’t go from $15M to nearly $45M?
- With many of the restrictions being lifted, any idea about when in-person council meetings might happen? Do you miss them?
- Is the city is going to keep its April 1 deadline for mandatory vax’s for city workers in light of province easing restrictions?
- #1 issue for Burlington in the Provincial election is….
- Is “Sound of Music Festival” coming to Spencer Smith Park?
- Public Washrooms in Burlington will be getting free feminine hygiene products.