Dr. Loh answers 15 questions about vaccinations for kids 5 to 11 in Mississauga and Brampton
Published November 24, 2021 at 12:57 pm
Dr. Loh (Peel Chief Medical Officer of Health) chats with Khaled Iwamura and answers 15 questions about vaccinations for kids 5 to 11 in Mississauga and Brampton.
- When can kids 5 to 11 expect to get their first COVID-19 vaccination and where?
- Will Peel go directly into schools to give kids 5 to 11 vaccinations?
- Will there a Peel specific vaccination portal for appointment booking or just the Ontario wide portal for 5- to 11-year-olds?
- Will Peel be implementing proof of vaccination requirements at indoor sport facilities for children between 5-11?
- If you have multiple kids can you book it at the same time?
- When can kids get their second shot?
- Are there any side effects that we know about for 5 to 11 year olds?
- We have seen school outbreaks in Toronto where entire schools have been closed…have we seen anything like this in Peel?
- What is the current supply of kids COVID-19 vaccines in Peel?
Will everyone who wants a shot be able to get one?
- How big of an impact do you think immunizing children against COVID-19 will have on the overall numbers of cases of COVID-19 and transmissions in Peel?
- Is there anything parents can or should do to get their kids ready for the vaccine?
- If a 10-year-old refuses to get the covid-19 vaccine…can they actually refuse it???
- Some clinics in Toronto are trying to make clinics “kid friendly” with comics and colouring books – Is PPH doing anything to help kids feel safe and welcome at vaccine clinics?
- Has there been any indication from the province that booster dose eligibility will be expanded?
- Did you get to drive in Brampton Batman’s batmobile?