VIDEOS AND PHOTOS: Massive Fire Causes Chaos in Mississauga
There is still a large and active fire at a commercial business in Mississauga.
Peel Police say thick smoke was seen coming from a business in the Dixie Road and Dundas area around 3:50 p.m.
Police say the following road closures are in effect:
- Queensway N/B to Blundell
- Tonolli to Caterpillar
The cause of the fire is not yet known.
No injuries have been reported.
The business and surrounding businesses have been evacuated.
MFES says heavy black smoke is still present in the area. Residents in the area are asked to keep windows and doors closed. Multiple road closures are in effect. Milton GO Trains have been suspended or cancelled. Anyone who needs to take the Milton GO through the area should find an alternate route or follow @GOTransitMI for updates.
The Union 16:10 - Milton GO 17:12 train will hold at Kipling and the Union 16:40 - Milton GO 17:44 train will hold at Union. The Union Station 16:55 - Milton GO 17:56 and the Union Station 17:10 - Milton GO 18:12 trains are both cancelled.(2/2)— Milton Train (@GOtransitMI) August 21, 2019
Your safety and security is very important to us and we cannot move trains through the area until we receive the all clear. The following trains are cancelled: Union Station 16:55 - Milton GO 17:56, Union Station 17:10 - Milton GO 18:12 and Union 17:25 - Milton GO 18:27.(2/2)— Milton Train (@GOtransitMI) August 21, 2019
According to the senior manager at metrolinx, it is estimated that 1,500 to 2,000 people wait for every Milton GO Train train, which means it is difficult to provide buses for everyone. People are advised to use TTC, Mississauga Transit, LSW, Kitchener while the line resumes its regular schedule.
Police say the cause is still unknown. The fire crew is still on scene and are working to extinguish the blaze. According to police, the fire appears to be somewhat under control at this time.
Second video courtesy of Gary Chan
UPDATE: All roadways have been re-opened except for Ernest Samuel will remain closed while the fire crew continues working
- VIDEO: Businesses Evacuated After Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- GO Train service on Milton, Lakeshore East corridors suspended
- Union Station-Bound Train Halted After Person Struck
- Emergency Crews Investigating Possible Fire at Mississauga Business
- Massive Fire at Mississauga Battery-Recycling Plant Not Deemed Suspicious
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga