VIDEO: Three People, Including Two Children, Transported To Hospital After Collision On Highway 401
There has been a collision on Highway 401 eastbound at Winston Churchill in Mississauga.
According to Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, a transport truck and vehicle were involved in the collision. The vehicle flipped over on its back due to the impact.
Three people, including two children, have been transported to the hospital. According to the Peel Paramedics, one child is in critical condition, another child is in a serious condition and the adult is stable.
All lanes are blocked at Highway 401 eastbound at Winston Churchill. One lane is open on Highway 401 eastbound from Winston Churchill to Erin Mills. However, people are being forced off at the Winston Churchill exit. This has caused major delays in the area.
Highway 401 westbound is still open, but there are some delays.
More updates to come.
UPDATE: The right lane on Highway 401 eastbound at Winston Churchill has reopened.
Photo courtesy of Sgt Kerry Schmidt
- OPP Provide Update Into Major Highway 401 Collision Including Four-Year-Old Girl
- VIDEO: Four-Year-Old Ejected From Vehicle During Highway 401 Collision In Mississauga
- Collision On Highway 401 Eastbound Causing Delays In Mississauga
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Eastbound Due To Collision
- Collision On Highway 401 Eastbound Causing Delays
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Peel’s top doctor says Mississauga’s lockdown could work in short-term, says more needs to be done long-term to address spread
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police