VIDEO: QEW Closed After Vehicle Smashes Through Sound Wall
A massive collision involving up to seven vehicles has left one person with serious injuries.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, it appears that one vehicle crashed through the westbound QEW’s sound wall off of Dixie Road and was struck by a transport truck upon entering the highway. After that initial collision, five more vehicles became involved.
All lanes on the westbound QEW have been completely shut down at Dixie Road. Lanes on the eastbound side are getting through.
One person has been transported to hospital with serious injuries.
All westbound lanes will remain closed for most of the morning.
The vehicle that came through appears to be a van.
You can see a video of the damage and aftermath, courtesy of the OPP, below.
QEW - WB lanes closed approaching Dixie Rd https://t.co/jn1MlyEUau— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) January 27, 2017
- Police Investigating Report of Man with Hammer in Mississauga
- Here's What You Need to Know About Panhandling in Mississauga
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- Residents Devastated After Homeless Man’s Garden Destroyed in Mississauga
- Vehicle Flipped Onto Side After Collision in Mississauga
- Man Charged After Crashing Through QEW Barrier Wall in Mississauga
- Lanes Closed on Westbound 401 in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Part of 401 Closed Due to Truck Collision in Mississauga
- Some Roads Remain Closed After Van Plows Through QEW Barrier Wall
- Part of Major Highway Closed in Mississauga After Truck Jack Knife