VIDEO: QEW Closed After Vehicle Smashes Through Sound Wall
A massive collision involving up to seven vehicles has left one person with serious injuries.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, it appears that one vehicle crashed through the westbound QEW’s sound wall off of Dixie Road and was struck by a transport truck upon entering the highway. After that initial collision, five more vehicles became involved.
All lanes on the westbound QEW have been completely shut down at Dixie Road. Lanes on the eastbound side are getting through.
One person has been transported to hospital with serious injuries.
All westbound lanes will remain closed for most of the morning.
The vehicle that came through appears to be a van.
You can see a video of the damage and aftermath, courtesy of the OPP, below.
QEW - WB lanes closed approaching Dixie Rd https://t.co/jn1MlyEUau— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) January 27, 2017
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Popular Grocery Store Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $5.3 Mil Mansion with Tennis Court
- Teen Caught Driving Insane Speed on 403 in Mississauga
- Robbery Suspects Flee After Crashing Vehicle in Mississauga
- Man Charged After Crashing Through QEW Barrier Wall in Mississauga
- Lanes Closed on Westbound 401 in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Part of 401 Closed Due to Truck Collision in Mississauga
- Some Roads Remain Closed After Van Plows Through QEW Barrier Wall
- Part of Major Highway Closed in Mississauga After Truck Jack Knife