VIDEO: QEW Closed After Vehicle Smashes Through Sound Wall
A massive collision involving up to seven vehicles has left one person with serious injuries.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, it appears that one vehicle crashed through the westbound QEW’s sound wall off of Dixie Road and was struck by a transport truck upon entering the highway. After that initial collision, five more vehicles became involved.
All lanes on the westbound QEW have been completely shut down at Dixie Road. Lanes on the eastbound side are getting through.
One person has been transported to hospital with serious injuries.
All westbound lanes will remain closed for most of the morning.
The vehicle that came through appears to be a van.
You can see a video of the damage and aftermath, courtesy of the OPP, below.
QEW - WB lanes closed approaching Dixie Rd https://t.co/jn1MlyEUau— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) January 27, 2017
- Man Charged After Crashing Through QEW Barrier Wall in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Lanes Closed on Westbound 401 in Mississauga
- Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Westbound Due To Vehicle Fire
- All lanes closed on Highway 410 due to three-vehicle crash in Brampton
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga