VIDEO: Police still looking for suspect wanted in connection with sexual assault in Mississauga
Police are still looking for a suspect wanted in connection with two cold case sexual assaults, one of which took place in Mississauga.
Investigators with the York Regional Police Special Victims Unit have collaborated with Peel Regional Police to produce a video highlighting two cold case sexual assaults linked to the same suspect.
The video can be seen below:
Police say that around midnight on Sept. 27, 2013, a woman in her 40s was exiting a transit bus in the South Service Road and Crestview Avenue area in Mississauga when an unknown male allegedly brandished a weapon and pulled her to a darkened area where he sexually assaulted her.
The victim sustained minor injuries as a result of the assault, police say.
Police allege that around 12:30 am on Nov. 13, 2014, a young female exiting a bus in the Yonge Street and Bernard Avenue area in Richmond Hill was also approached by an unknown male. Police allege that the suspect demanded money from her, then pulled her into a darkened area and “violently” sexually assaulted her.
The victim required hospital treatment for her injuries, police say.
The suspect is described as an East Asian male who is 5’10” to 6’ with a muscular build. Police say he was wearing a covering over his face during the alleged assaults.
After connecting the two cases, York and Peel police struck a task force called Project Blue Light.
Police have yet to identify a suspect.
“Someone out there knows something about this suspect,” said Detective Sergeant Simon James, officer-in-charge of the York Regional Police Special Victims Unit and the lead investigator on the 2014 case, in a statement.
“Regardless of how much time has passed, if you know something about the offender or may have encountered him, police want to hear from you.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police Special Victims Unit at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7071, Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121 ext. 3460, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-tips. Callers can also leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.
- Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Police Searching for Sexual Assault Suspect in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect following break-in and sexual assault in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Sexual Assault Suspect in Mississauga
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source