VIDEO: Police Investigating After Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle on 401
Police are investigating after an incident involving a pedestrian closed part of the eastbound 401 in Mississauga.
Shortly before 3:15 p.m., police said that Peel police and Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers were in the Mavis and 401 area working with a “person in distress.”
Right before 3:00 p.m., OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said that the eastbound 401 was being shut down between Mavis Rd. and Hurontario St.
“This is due to an ongoing police investigation involving a pedestrian on the highway that has been struck,” Schmidt said in a video posted to Twitter. “The highway will be shut down.”
Schmidt says an Ornge air ambulance was dispatched to the scene.
The southbound Mavis Road lanes were restricted and the westbound 401 approaching Mavis Road was affected.
All westbound lanes have since reopened.
Residents might want to find an alternate route.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Police investigating fatal collision involving pedestrian on 403 in Mississauga
- Mavis closed due to pedestrian struck by car in Mississauga
- All lanes closed on a major highway due to police investigation
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of Pedestrian Being Struck on Highway 403 in Mississauga
- All lanes closed due to rollover on 401 in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26