VIDEO: One Dead After Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
One person has died following a crash on the eastbound 403 in Mississauga.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently announced that a 27-year-old Milton man was pronounced dead in hospital following a crash involving two trucks.
The collision occurred on the eastbound 403 between Mavis Rd. and Hurontario St.
“I’m on scene here, highway 403 eastbound between Mavis and highway 10,” Schmidt said in a video posted to Twitter.
“We have a two vehicle collision involving a septic truck that went into the back of a parked, stopped or disabled transport truck that was on the right shoulder getting some work done by a tire maintenance company.”
Schmidt said one person was taken hospital with critical injuries and another with serious injuries.
The critically injured victim has since succumbed to his injuries.
“Right now we have all lanes for the 403 eastbound closed,” says Schmidt. “All traffic is being forced off at Mavis Rd.”
The westbound lanes are still open, but traffic is slow due to the visual distraction.
Schmidt says the closure could last several hours.
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- All lanes closed due to rollover on 401 in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- One Person Sent to Hospital After Three-Car Crash on 403 in Mississauga
- Serious crash closes all lanes on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Police searching for suspect in connection to stabbing in Mississauga