VIDEO: One Dead After Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
One person has died following a crash on the eastbound 403 in Mississauga.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently announced that a 27-year-old Milton man was pronounced dead in hospital following a crash involving two trucks.
The collision occurred on the eastbound 403 between Mavis Rd. and Hurontario St.
“I’m on scene here, highway 403 eastbound between Mavis and highway 10,” Schmidt said in a video posted to Twitter.
— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) July 9, 2018
“We have a two vehicle collision involving a septic truck that went into the back of a parked, stopped or disabled transport truck that was on the right shoulder getting some work done by a tire maintenance company.”
Schmidt said one person was taken hospital with critical injuries and another with serious injuries.
The critically injured victim has since succumbed to his injuries.
“Right now we have all lanes for the 403 eastbound closed,” says Schmidt. “All traffic is being forced off at Mavis Rd.”
The westbound lanes are still open, but traffic is slow due to the visual distraction.
Schmidt says the closure could last several hours.
- Peel Police are Warning Residents to be Aware of Scams
- Your Morning Commute in Mississauga May be Delayed
- Massive Fireworks Display Coming to Ontario For the First Time Ever
- Here’s How Many New Condos Will be Coming to Part of Mississauga Over the Next 10 Years
- These Products are Now Banned in Canada
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- One Person Sent to Hospital After Three-Car Crash on 403 in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Part of 401 Closed Due to Truck Collision in Mississauga
- Mississauga Woman Dead After Collision on Highway 403
- VIDEO: Aftermath of QEW Crash that Critically Injured 12-Year-Old Boy