VIDEO: Mississauga woman enjoying multi-million dollar lotto win
Christmas has come very early for a Mississauga woman.
OLG recently announced that Mai Ee Jiang matched five numbers plus the Grand Number to win the top prize of $1,000 a day for life with Daily Grand in the September 21, 2020 draw.
Jiang opted for the lump sum prize of $7 million, OLG says.
An occasional lottery player, Jiang said she always chooses Quick Pick when purchasing her tickets.
“My husband came home with a printout of winning numbers after checking his tickets,” she told OLG.
“I was comparing the winning number with mine and couldn’t believe my eyes!”
The 54-year-old stay-at-home mom said she pulled out her phone right away and used the OLG Lottery App to double-check the ticket.
“My husband and I were so happy - we just started laughing. I think he was more excited than I was!”
OLG says Jiang’s dream is to travel when it’s possible again, but her priority is to help family.
“I will help my little sister who has been so kind to look after our father,” she said.
“This is still hard to believe. It’s a dream come true. The timing couldn’t have been any better.”
The winning ticket was purchased at Giant Tiger on Dundas Street in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
Photo and video courtesy of OLG
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects following break and enter in Mississauga
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Doug Ford suggests that restrictions on Mississauga could be eased after the 28-day rollback ends
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel