VIDEO: Mississauga girl with mobility challenge breaks Guinness World Record
A talented Mississauga girl with mobility challenges is making headlines for achieving a pretty unique and incredible feat involving a hula hoop and a Rubik’s cube.
According to the Guinness World Records’ website, Sankavi Rathan solved 30 Rubik’s cubes with just one hand while hula hooping.
A video of the feat is available on YouTube:
Rathan said she wanted to break the record because she has limited mobility in one of her arms and the record requires the use of only one hand.
According to the video description, Rathan solved all 30 cubes in 50 minutes and 34 seconds.
In the video, Rathan said that while she’s an experienced hula-hooper, she only started learning the Rubik’s cube this year. She said that she took a video of her doing both things together, and was encouraged by relatives and friends to try for a world record.
She broke the record on Aug. 1.
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Boeing 737 Max's very first flight after two deadly crashes takes off from Pearson
- Paramedics responding after vehicle crashes into Mississauga residence
- New Jollibee restaurant opens at Square One in Mississauga
- New COVID-19 case reported at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga