VIDEO: Mississauga girl with mobility challenge breaks Guinness World Record
A talented Mississauga girl with mobility challenges is making headlines for achieving a pretty unique and incredible feat involving a hula hoop and a Rubik’s cube.
According to the Guinness World Records’ website, Sankavi Rathan solved 30 Rubik’s cubes with just one hand while hula hooping.
A video of the feat is available on YouTube:
Rathan said she wanted to break the record because she has limited mobility in one of her arms and the record requires the use of only one hand.
According to the video description, Rathan solved all 30 cubes in 50 minutes and 34 seconds.
In the video, Rathan said that while she’s an experienced hula-hooper, she only started learning the Rubik’s cube this year. She said that she took a video of her doing both things together, and was encouraged by relatives and friends to try for a world record.
She broke the record on Aug. 1.
- Mississauga firefighter sets Guinness World Record with hefty power move
- A Guinness World Record Has Been Set at Square One in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Man Sets a Box Jump World Record
- Niagara Falls want to set Guinness record for drumrolling on Canada Day
- PHOTOS: Is Mississauga About to Break a World Record?
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton