VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Mississauga
Police are appealing to the public for help in identifying a suspect wanted in connection to an alleged hate crime incident that took place in a Mississauga parking lot.
Peel police say that around 8:30 pm on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, a 35-year-old Toronto woman told officers that a man was yelling racial comments and threats in a parking lot in the Mavis Road and Britannia Road area.
The victim did not suffer any physical injuries.
In a video of the incident, the suspect can be heard saying what sounds like, “I’m not from Mississauga or Brampton, white people don’t own me like you people.”
Police say the suspect is described as a white male in his 40s who was last seen wearing a black hooded sweater, a black t-shirt and a black baseball hat.
He was operating a silver, two-door Honda with a rear non-Ontario license plate reading 284888.
Police say the individual is also a suspect in two similar incidents that took place in Brampton earlier that evening.
Police say those incidents took place in two separate plazas on Hurontario Street between Ray Lawson Boulevard and Steeles Avenue West. In both incidents, the suspect is alleged to have caused a disturbance by yelling racial slurs at people in the area.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Region of Peel takes stronger measures to keep COVID-19 patients quarantined
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- WANTED: Police Still Searching for Mississauga Theft Suspect
- Police Release Photos of Suspect Following Shooting in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection With Theft and Fraud Investigation in Mississauga
- Suspect Arrested Following Road Rage Incident in Mississauga