VIDEO: Fatal Collision Closes Stretch of 401 in Mississauga
All lanes on part of the 401 have been blocked following a fatal collision involving two transport trucks in Mississauga.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently took to Twitter to report that a fatal crash occurred on the eastbound 401 between Winston Churchill Blvd. and Mississauga Rd.
“Right now, we have all of the eastbound 401 closed at Winston Churchill. All traffic is getting forced off at Winston Churchill,” Schmidt says.
Schmidt said there is no access to the affected stretch of highway from north or southbound Winston Churchill.
Commuters should note that there are no lane closures on the westbound 401, but traffic is heavy in the area due to the visual distraction.
Updates to follow.
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Woman Dead After Highway Collision in Mississauga
- VIDEO: One Dead After Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
- Serious Collision Prompts Highway Closure in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Hwy. 401 Mississauga Crash Sends Three People to Hospital