VIDEO: Fatal Collision Closes Stretch of 401 in Mississauga
All lanes on part of the 401 have been blocked following a fatal collision involving two transport trucks in Mississauga.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently took to Twitter to report that a fatal crash occurred on the eastbound 401 between Winston Churchill Blvd. and Mississauga Rd.
“Right now, we have all of the eastbound 401 closed at Winston Churchill. All traffic is getting forced off at Winston Churchill,” Schmidt says.
Schmidt said there is no access to the affected stretch of highway from north or southbound Winston Churchill.
Commuters should note that there are no lane closures on the westbound 401, but traffic is heavy in the area due to the visual distraction.
Updates to follow.
- Winston Churchill closed due to collision in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Three People, Including Two Children, Transported To Hospital After Collision On Highway 401
- Pedestrian struck on Winston Churchill Blvd causing delays
- PHOTOS: Crash Causes Major Delays on Winston Churchill in Mississauga
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Police responding to males trying to jump from bridge into Credit River in Mississauga