VIDEO: Fatal Collision Closes Stretch of 401 in Mississauga
All lanes on part of the 401 have been blocked following a fatal collision involving two transport trucks in Mississauga.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently took to Twitter to report that a fatal crash occurred on the eastbound 401 between Winston Churchill Blvd. and Mississauga Rd.
“Right now, we have all of the eastbound 401 closed at Winston Churchill. All traffic is getting forced off at Winston Churchill,” Schmidt says.
Schmidt said there is no access to the affected stretch of highway from north or southbound Winston Churchill.
Commuters should note that there are no lane closures on the westbound 401, but traffic is heavy in the area due to the visual distraction.
Updates to follow.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- Top 5 Chinese Takeout Joints in Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations